The project “TOOLS4BRAIN. Provide training and political resources for well-prepared formal and informal caregivers of brain injury patients in Europe ”awarded in September 2017 by the European Union within its Erasmus + programs. Cooperation for innovation and exchange of good practices | Strategic Alliance for Adult Education aims to develop an application and a manual of good practices for the care of people with Acquired Brain Injury, in different languages.
The Vithas Hospitals Neurorehabilitation Unit (NeuroRHB) cares for and treats patients who have suffered brain injuries or other neurological disorders. The aim of the NeuroRHB is to provide specialized, tailored, and cross-disciplinary neurological rehabilitation that combines close personal treatment with the latest scientific and technological developments. NeuroRHB was established at the end of 1999 at the Hospital Vithas Valencia al Mar (Valencia). It was the first centre for brain injury in the Region of Valencia and was one of the first hospitals in Spain to admit resident patients with acquired brain injury. Nowadays, NeuroRHB has 4 additional hospitals in different locations in Spain. The use of new technologies and innovative concepts in neurorehabilitation together with a vocation to scientific research place the Neurorehabilitation Unit at the forefront of brain injury care.
The Vithas Hospitals Neurorehabilitation Unit has a dedicated team that conducts research into the application of new technologies to improve the quality of the care provided to patients with brain injury. The research group is currently conducting research in the following areas:
- Virtual reality for motor and cognitive rehabilitation
- Tele rehabilitation using ICTs
- Clinical and genetic recovery factors
- Structural and functional neuroimaging.
The research group’s research activity includes participating in national and international conferences, publishing research papers in scientific journals, collaborating in clinical trials, carrying out R&D projects, and collaborating with universities to help PhD students with their doctoral theses.
Moreover, in 2014 the Vithas Hospitals Neurorehabilitation Unit has developed an App with hints and tips to help with the care of patients with brain injury. The aim of the app is to improve the entire environment for people who have suffered a stroke, traumatic brain injury, a brain tumour, vegetative state, or minimally conscious state or who have neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer’s, Lou Gehrig’s disease (ALS), Parkinson’s disease, dementia, Huntington’s disease.
FEDACE born in 1995 with the aim to support the interest of brain injured patients and their families. The association represent 9.270 associates, which 4.921 are people living with Brain Injury. Since then the association has been working in the ABI awareness, its prevention and in the fight for the human rights of ABI families and relatives. FEDACE performs activities of representation and promotion to facilitate and increase the inclusion of people with ABI, and the attention for their families giving support and rehabilitation programs and to fostering public interventions. In 1991, FEDACE together with other international ABI Associations is one of the founders members of the Brain Injured and Families – European Confederation (BIF): a non-governmental organisation aimed at raising awareness of brain injury by creating a common European platform through co-ordination and co-operation between national associations of people with brain injury and their families. BIF comprises of member associations from 18 European countries and are a full member of the European Disability Forum. The main activities of FEDACE:
- Help-line (consulting)
- Psychological support
- Social services
- Rehabilitation centres
- Community rehab and support
- Awareness campaigns
- Sharing of experience/practice within rehabilitation
- How system of care/rehabilitation should be organised
FEDACE was declared Spanish public utility organization on November 2011.
Our Foundation (founded in 2009), Grand Middle East Health and Education Foundation is established to give service on Health, Education and Economic fields and operates for development with cultural solidarity, with respect to this field it gives importance for foreign scientific, health, education, economic and cultural developments, has been established to support the research projects and activities. In all areas and levels of educations is opened, continues to provide material and spiritual opportunities for people in all ages between 7 to 70.
Educational content as below:
- Management Certificate Programme in Health organizations,
- Executive Development Certificate Program in Nursing,
- Nursery Education Specialization Program in Educational Administration,
Foundations has 5 volunteer as management board, 50 staff working as member volunteer. Our Foundation staff with the rich experiences in the health field; within the possibilities of the foundation, following the developments in the domestic and overseas health. The cost of all kinds of tools and equipment required by modern medicine or provide them free of whether to offer them the benefit of the community, to build all kinds of health care facilities in the field of education; still within the facilities, libraries in every language and branches, classrooms, reading rooms, open courses, seminars, symposia, established with the objectives of lectures, fulfill most of them until now, has been targeting however not satisfied with better time.
The earliest supporters of the health sector under BOSEV umbrella, including disadvantaged groups, especially medical centers have achieved so far too widely, the education given in the social field, particularly in the health sector has undergone many good practices in home care services.
Health sector university students in the training center of the new building, mainly various training continues uninterrupted. This training usually gives pioneering scholars of the majority of the foundation founder health sector.
Besides women’s branch of the commission under the leadership of music for the female population, seminars, personal development courses are held. Although mostly housewives of these courses the participants of the pioneer women workers in the health sector is among the target audience.
After the success shown in the national projects, foundation wish to continue in the international arena, esp. in European ones. Discussing and finding solutions for health sector is more easy way to meet each of us in an European based structured project.
BOSEV also works to provide training and financial support for the successful people of all ages in undeveloped in Ankara. Great Middle East Health and Education Foundation BOSEV (Greater Middle East Health and Education Association) each month, offers scholarships to 30 young people studying at the university. BOSEV offers free health screening services for the population of rural areas. BOSEV low-income population also is implementing a large number of discounts. BOSEV also free personal development in the entire Ankara, which provides training on health and hygiene topics. BOSEV across in Ankara due to the adjective is an umbrella organization with supporters in different sectors of their medical centers, hospitals and clinics for employees, offers professional development courses for trainees. BOSEV is to contribute through publications to contribute to policy-makers in Turkey. With EU projects implemented by the local education and health-based projects success is willing to transfer to Europe.
- Vithas Fátima habilita TeleNeuroRHB para seguir con la rehabilitación de sus pacientes desde casa
- Vithas Fátima habilita una plataforma para que los pacientes con daño cerebral puedan continuar el tratamiento en casa durante el confinamiento
- FEDACE organiza el evento final del proyecto europeo Tools4Brain
- Vithas amplía su app para cuidadores de personas con daño cerebral
- El proyecto Tools4Brain evidencia que la familia es el cuidador principal de las personas con daño cerebral
- La familia es el principal cuidador de las personas con daño cerebral en el 90% de los casos registrados en Europa
- Programa de Radio Hoy por Hoy – Valencia:
- Vithas impulsa una app para cuidadores de personas con daño cerebral
- Homenaje a los familiares de personas con daño cerebral: «El calor de mi familia ha sido como el aire que respiro»
- 10 apps imprescindibles para cuidadores de personas dependientes
- “Juntos todo es posible”:
- Europa crea una app y una guía para formar a cuidadores de personas con Daño Cerebral Adquirido
- Vithas y Fedace presentan la primera app europea para formar a los cuidadores de personas con daño cerebral
- Diez aplicaciones imprescindibles para cuidadores de personas dependientes
- Vithas NeuroRHB y FEDACE presentan una app europea para formar a los cuidadores de personas con daño cerebral
- Vithas NeuroRHB desarrolla la primera app europea para cuidadores de personas con daño cerebral
- Las familias europeas con daño cerebral contarán con una app gracias a Tools4brain – NeuroRHB
- La APP de Daño Cerebral de Hospitales Vithas vithas, finalista en los II Premios de Salud Digital – Castellón Información
- El proyecto europeo ‘TOOLS4BRAIN’ desarrollará una aplicación para el cuidado de personas con daño cerebral – EcoDiario
- El proyecto europeo ‘TOOLS4BRAIN’ desarrollará una aplicación para el cuidado de personas con daño cerebral – infosalus
- La APP de Daño Cerebral de Hospitales Vithas vithas, finalista en los II Premios de Salud Digital – HoyComentamos
- Una aplicación para ayudar a los cuidadores de personas con Daño Cerebral – tecnobility
- Una app y un manual ayudarán al cuidado de afectados por daño cerebral – Las Provincias
- Buenas noticias para familiares y pacientes con Daño Cerebral Adquirido – APPs Medicina
The two results that have been developed so far under the umbrella of “Tools4Brain” are two useful high-quality learning tools, with which all caregivers of people with acquired brain damage will be able to improve and expand their capacities and thus improve quality life of patients and of themselves, since once lives are saved, the family’s first need is information and support.
“Understanding what happens and how to deal with it is essential for the rehabilitation process”.
1st European e-Health APP for informal caregivers of people with acquired brain damage
The “NeuroRHB” application is free and developed for mobile phones and tablets. And it contains a large number of general advice and recommendations, fully customizable, in order to be able to adapt to the specific profile of each case and to each process and situation the family member encounters, who is usually the main caregiver in most cases.
This application has detailed information about:
- Behavior and emotion
- Daily life activities
- Adaptation of the environment
- Medical care
- Social resources
All these categories have content, images and videos that will help the family member to live better with brain damage and will be adapted to the initial test carried out by the user.
A Practical Guide for Caregivers of People with DCA
Policy recommendations and good practices
Both the e-Health App and the booklet are translated into four languages and have been presented during the month of October 2019 in Ankara, Lisbon and Valencia to caregivers in these countries. The app has been improved, from May to July 2020, with the “Assistive Products” section
FINAL MULTIPLIER EVENT
Responsable: Servicio de NeuroRehabilitación de Hospitales Vithas vithas (Unidad Neurorhb S.L.)
Finalidad: contactar con usted para resolver la consulta realizada, realizarenvío de publicaciones así como correos comerciales. La Legitimación es gracias a su consentimiento.
Destinatarios: sus datos se encuentran alojados dentro de un servidor propio del Servicio en la empresa de Data Center Comvive.
Derechos: podrá ejercer sus derechos de acceso, rectificación, limitación o supresión en cualquier momento a través de email@example.com. Para más información consulte nuestra política de privacidad.